Tuesday, October 11, 2011

2Days 1Night of Survival Laut at Pulau Bidong

2011.10.11 (Tuesday)

Hello friends~ I am just back from Pulau Bidong, Terengganu. It was a tradition for UMT to send there students there for Survival Laut. What is this for?? Hmm... I am not sure, maybe they wanted to make sure their students can survive in the sea since we stay near the sea. Hahahaha... Logic huh??

Ok, let me introduce some activities we have done there. This was a 2days 1night activities only. We did activities in groups - ketam, udang, pari and jerung. I was in jerung (shark)~ We tried water confident, snorkeling, keno, jungle trekking and fishing.

This water confident training is not that simple as what I did in National Service. First, we have to swim from seaside to the boat which is 50M away from beach. Then, we have to climb up the boat, jump from the boat to sea and swim back to the beach. Of course, there is life jacket with us but it is still hard for us to swim because of the waves. Yeah, it is tiring yet interesting. I feel great when I successfully return to the beach by my own effort and it is marvelous to jump from the boat~ Hahahaha.....

Next, I went for snorkeling. Wow~ The view under the sea is nice, just like what I have saw in the TV. The scene appeared in front of me, live-show man!! Furthermore, there were fishes swimming around me, always. How I wish I have good vision to have a clear look of the view, but too bad, I can’t wear spectacle under the sea. Haizzz… The only thing that make me regret.

Hahahaha…. Sorry to say, I have no comment about fishing because I am having seasickness during the activities. I tried my best to stand and hold the fishing wire but I can’t withstand the waves which makes me feel nausea. Is good too huh?? I does not need to kill. Hahahaha… Trying to consulate myself.

I guess, these activities makes me feel extremely hungry. I ate 2 huge bowls of rice for lunch with curry sauce. After lunch, I went for keno and then, jungle trekking. Luckily I finished snorkeling and fishing before I had my lunch. Or else, I might experience severe throw up.

For keno, most girls were given the opportunity to have the front seat with a guy at back. Otherwise, the experience one will be at the back because people the back play greater role in controlling the keno’s direction. We rowed to another side of the island which is near to a jetty in Vietnam.

Then, we started with jungle trekking. The ending point of keno was our starting point of jungle trekking. It means, we have to go back the front of island from the backside of the island where there is a mountain in between them. This mountain was the place where the high income group of Vietnamese stayed when Thailand was under the authority of communist. Most of them are the professional, they brought their family and started their own community here. There are still some historic monuments left along the way we walked. Besides some unknown languages, I saw most of the monuments have Chinese words on it and guess what, I saw an incomplete monument which looks like Guan Yin.

A facilitator told us, there are still Vietnamese come to this place to pay their respect to their ancestors. In another words, beside students from UMT, only the Vietnamese can be here for their ancestor worship. Frankly speaking, I will come here again if no payment is required. I rather make payment to other island such as Pulau Lang Tengah or Pulau Simpadan because I believe that the view there will be much prettier.

However, in summary, this trip to Pulau Bidong was enjoyable. The activities, food prepared (much better than MJM), facilities are just nice. Thanks UMT for giving us the opportunity to be here, a unique place where other universities do not have. For pictures, please kindly go to my Facebook profile and search for the album '2 Days 1 Night - Survival Laut (10-11/10/11)'.

*Hmmm....I think I will be happier if my friends are here with me. ~_~ *

5 comments:

LeeYoong said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lee Yoong said...

Qin, your 2D1N trip seem nice. envy leh.. ^^ From the movie 《夏日乐悠悠》, I saw the view of Lang Tengah much more beautiful than Pulau Bidong.. Perhaps, v can have a opportunity to go there together in future. =D

Qin said...

Yoong:

Yeap...How do I wish I can got here too~ Let me do a finance plan first, if can, really wish to go island trip with u and another 2 fruits.. =P just 4 of us~~

LeeYoong said...

Besides, v still have to gap our holiday too.. Hopefully, can have some trips wit u all without crash with our uni time table.. =P

Qin, muz update your blog frequently o.. I'll pass by whenever I free.. Take care! =D

Qin said...

Yes, we have to!!
Hahaha... Erm...I will try my best to update la~ TRY... =p